Paramount Plus is relatively new to the game, but it doesn’t mean it’s not without error. While you anticipate your apps will work when you use them, what do you do if Paramount Plus is not working on your Samsung TV?
Your Paramount Plus app is likely not working because the server is down, your App or firmware is not updated, you have an inactive account, or your television is incompatible with the App.
To help with this issue, you should check your internet connection, install available updates, and reboot your television and router. If troubleshooting proves ineffective, you can reset your TV’s Smart Hub, but that should be one of your last options.
While the issue of Paramount Plus not working on Samsung TVs is frustrating, there are many steps you can take to fix the problem without resetting all your information. So, let’s get started.
The top reasons why Paramount Plus is not working on your Samsung TV are due to:
- An outdated app
- Your Samsung TV was built before 2017 and is not compatible with the App
- Inactive account
- Network issues
- Paramount Plus is down
Now, let’s get to how to troubleshoot the issue and get your Paramount Plus app up and running.
Before troubleshooting, it’s always a good idea to see if Paramount Plus is down because it’s out of your control. Despite the app launching in the past few years, it’s still susceptible to issues causing problems on your end.
You have a few options to check if Paramount Plus is down:
- Visit Downdetector and input what service you are having an issue with
- Go to the Paramount Plus website and check for outages
Often the App will not work if they are performing necessary updates or there is a glitch in the system. However, if there is a confirmed outage, you must be patient and wait until it is up and running.
If there are no issues with the server being down, you should restart your App. For starters, log out of your App and log back in. If that is not enough, you should perform a force close of the Paramount Plus app, which you can do by following these steps:
- Press the Home button on your remote and go to Settings
- Click Select Applications and select Manage Installed Applications
- Choose Force Stop Paramount Plus app and clear the cache
- Relaunch the App and see if this fixes your issue
Like all streaming devices, you can’t watch your favorite program if you don’t have a stable network connection. Unfortunately, Paramount Plus solely streams on high-definition, so without reliable internet, you are more likely to experience buffering or no video.
In addition, Paramount Plus requires at least 4 Mbps to properly stream on television, as opposed to 1 Mbps for Hulu.
You can check with your ISP (internet service provider) for outages, check another streaming app, or perform a power cycle on your router or modem. To do this, follow the below steps.
Once the lights turn on, you should check where the Paramount Plus app is working.
In addition to performing a power cycle on your modem, you can do the same on your Samsung TV. If there is an issue with your TV, a power cycle will help reset it and remove glitches in the system.
If no other apps will work on your TV, the issue is likely with your television, and it’s best to perform a power cycle by following the below steps.
- Unplug your TV from the wall
- Hold down the television’s power button for 15 seconds to drain leftover power
- Wait 60 seconds before plugging the TV back in
You should reopen the Paramount Plus app when you turn the TV on and check to see if it’s working. If not, you should continue to the next troubleshooting step.
If you still have issues with the App, try creating another Paramount Plus profile. The App allows users to have up to six profiles, so unless you’ve utilized all of them, this should prove to be a helpful technique.
Some users have indicated an issue with a specific profile, so creating a new one helps if this is why the Paramount Plus app isn’t working.
To create an additional profile, you should:
- Go the Paramount Plus home page and select your profile in the bottom left
- Click Add Profile and add a name
- Select Save Profile and open a video using the new profile
It would also help to sign out of your account and sign back in before attempting to play a video. Lastly, you’ll likely only succeed with this step if you can get to the home screen of Paramount Plus without it crashing beforehand.
If you don’t have the latest Paramount Plus update, you might experience issues with the App. For example, if you run into problems updating the App, your TV may have run out of storage and cannot handle the update.
To install necessary updates, follow the below steps:
- Press Home on the remote and select Apps
- Click Settings and choose Auto Update
If you have an auto-update set, you won’t have to worry about always installing the latest update, which will help prevent future issues.
In addition to having the latest app updates, you must ensure the firmware on your Samsung TV is up to date. Samsung will send out updates to enhance your viewing experience, and outdated firmware can negatively affect how you watch Paramount Plus.
Here are the steps to manually installing firmware updates:
- Click the Home button on the remote and select Settings
- Find the Support option and select it
- Choose Software Update and click Update Now
Like with the App, you may choose to have your firmware on auto-updates to ensure you don’t miss any critical updates.
To set up auto-updates, follow these steps:
- Click the Home button on the remote and select Settings
- Find the Support option and select Software Update
- Ensure the toggle is set for Auto Updates on
For more information on updating software and other helpful tips, check out this YouTube video
There is frequently an issue with your router, not your television or App. One of the easiest ways to see if that’s your problem is to reboot your television and router.
Before performing the reboot, ensure no one is working on something that needs to be saved, as it will disrupt the internet connection. Ideally, it would help if you rebooted your TV and router about once a month to keep your network operating at its full potential.
Here are the steps to rebooting your router:
- Unplug the router from the wall
- Wait a few minutes
- Plug both devices back into the wall outlet
- Once the lights come back on, you should check to see if the Paramount Plus app is working
To help reboot your television, you should:
- Turn off your TV and unplug it from the wall
- Wait a few minutes and plug the TV back into the wall
- Turn on the TV and router and test your connection
If your internet speed seems faster, you still want to keep an eye on the problem, as rebooting your router is sometimes only a temporary fix.
If you still have issues, a simple fix is to uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app. While it’s a bit of a tedious task, especially if you are eager to watch television, it can help reset the App and eliminate bugs or glitches.
The steps to uninstall the Paramount Plus App on a Samsung TV are:
- Press the Home button on the remote and navigate to Apps and select it
- Click Settings and find and Delete the Paramount Plus app
- You will need to confirm your selection
- Wait at least five minutes before reinstalling
Now, to get the App back on your Samsung TV, you should:
- Press the Home button on the remote and go to apps
- Select the Search icon and type in Paramount Plus
- Select the Install button
Once you have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled Paramount Plus, you should launch the App and sign back in to see if that fixed your problem.
10. Check For a Paramount Plus Subscription
There’s a chance your subscription has expired without your knowledge. You will want to log into your account and check your account status. To fix this issue, you will want to purchase a new subscription for the service.
The other issue you might encounter with your subscription is an expired credit card because you won’t get service if they can’t charge you.
If you signed up for a Paramount Plus subscription through a third party (like Amazon or Roku), you must contact that third party directly.
In addition to checking your subscription, you can try using Paramount Plus on a different device to see if the problem is the App or your television.
While this shouldn’t be your first option, resetting your Samsung TV’s Smart Hub can help with your issues. Your TV’s Smart Hub allows you access to every function of your television, including the ability to download apps and play games.
Since the reset process can delete your account details, you should try the previous troubleshooting steps before landing on this one.
To reset your Samsung TV’s Smart Hub, you should:
- Click the Home button on the remote and Select Settings
- Go to Support and Select Device Care
- Choose Self Diagnosis and hit Reset Smart Hub
- Type in your 4-digit Pin (0000 if you never set one)
Once the reset is complete, you will need to input your Samsung account details, followed by your login information for Paramount Plus. While the reset won’t delete your apps, you must log back into them.
This YouTube video reviews how to reset your Samsung TV’s Smart Hub
If your network plan does not include high-speed internet, you’ll likely encounter issues when trying to stream from Paramount Plus because of its high bandwidth. Your best bet is to contact your ISP (internet service provider) to check your plan and decide to upgrade.
If the problem is with your internet connectivity, you can’t successfully stream from Paramount Plus until you upgrade.
Clearing the app cache and data will help will performance and ensure you have no issues while loading the App. Clearing your TV’s cache is similar to removing the cookies on your computer browser and helps fix bugs and glitches.
To clear your app cache, you should:
- Press the Home button on your remote and navigate to Settings
- Click on Apps and proceed to the System Apps area
- All apps will display, so you will want to locate Paramount Plus
- Click Clear Cache and click OK to confirm
- Select Clear Data and select OK to confirm
- Open the Paramount Plus app to see if it is working
Unfortunately, newer versions of Paramount Plus are not compatible with all Samsung TVs, so if you roll back to an older version, you might have success when streaming. However, if you have the most updated version, you will need to reinstall it and download the older version.
You should follow the steps mentioned in this article to uninstall your App and visit Uptodown to find old versions of Paramount Plus. You will see all updates and choose which version you prefer to add.
Remember, any time you download from a third party, you never know what you will get. However, if you are determined to have Paramount Plus on your TV, it might be time to upgrade televisions.
This YouTube video goes into detail on how to download older apps. Although the video shows how to do it on the phone, it helps determine which steps you must take to revert to an older version.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps without success, it would be helpful to contact Paramount Plus’ Customer Service. Sometimes a professional tech can better assess the situation and guide you in the correct direction.
There are several methods of contacting Paramount Plus, including:
- Chat with a representative by visiting the “Contact Us” page and clicking the message icon in the bottom right corner
- On Twitter, by tweeting them using @AskParamount
- Send a message via Facebook
- Send a direct message through Instagram
- Message Paramount Plus Help through Google Business Messenger
Before you make your call or send a message, ensure you have your Device ID and IP Address nearby, as this is how you will identify your account.
Here is how to find your IP address:
- Click the Home button on the remote and Choose Settings
- Click Network and Select Network Status
- Tap IP Settings, and your IP address will pop up
Now, to figure out what your Paramount Plus Device ID is:
- Open the App and navigate to Settings
- Click Support, and your Device ID will appear
Writing these numbers down is crucial so you can easily access them when you contact support.
Like with most streaming services, you will encounter issues with Paramount Plus from time to time. However, you can avoid most problems by updating your software, ensuring you have an active account, and using high-speed internet.