I just got my first Peloton bike. When it arrived, I could not wait to begin using it. I set up my bike and opened up my Samsung TV to find the Peloton app. I quickly began having trouble finding the Peloton app.
After what felt like hours of searching, I still could not find the Peloton app. After a quick search online, I realized I was not the only one with this problem.
If you are looking for the Peloton app on your Samsung TV and cannot find it, it is because Samsung TVs do not support the Peloton app. To get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV, you will have to do cast the app using another device, like a Roku, computer, or phone.
There are round-a-bout solutions to getting the Peloton app on your Samsung TV and this guide will walk you through each step.
What is the Peloton App?
The Peloton app is fitness application that can be used with or without the Peloton fitness bike. Without having to go to the gym, you can find a variety of fitness classes and programs on the Peloton app.
The Peloton app requires a subscription and has two available plans for you to choose from. One available plan is for at-home workouts and the other is a cycling subscription.
The at-home workout plans do not require the use a Peloton bike, whereas the cycling subscription does.
Some examples of the classes you can find on the Peloton app are running, jogging, yoga, cardio, Bootcamp classes, and meditation, to name a few.
What can the Peloton App and Bike do?
The Peloton app can give you access to a variety of fitness classes, programs, and exercises that can be done at-home without the need for a Peloton bike. The Peloton app is a more affordable option for those who are looking for the full fitness experience without breaking the bank.
The Peloton bike is an at-home exercise bike with a large TV screen on it. While riding the Peloton bike, you can choose from a variety of cycling classes and follow along on screen. The Peloton bike gives you the in-person experience from the comfort of your home.
Why does the Peloton App Not Work on Samsung TV?
The Peloton app does not work on a Samsung TV because Peloton does not have a business partnership with Samsung.
Instead, Peloton has targeted larger streaming platforms, rather than individual TV companies with their own platforms, like Samsung TVs and their app platform, Smart Hub.
Instead, Peloton is available on streaming platforms like the Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, and Roku. Without a partnership in place, Samsung TVs do not support the Peloton app.
Installing Peloton App on Your Samsung TV
1. Restart your TV
If you have had access to the Peloton app on your Samsung TV before and suddenly you cannot find it, restart your TV. To restart your TV:
- Press the Home Button
- Select Settings
- Select Support
- Select Device Care
- Select Self Diagnosis
- Select Reset Smart Hub
- Enter Pin
2. Use an Over-the-top (OTT) Device
An over-the-top device, also known as OTT device, are devices that support various streaming content with the use of an internet connection. The most popular OTT devices are Amazon Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, and Roku. Since these devices are the most popular, they support the most popular streaming services and applications.
In order to get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV, connect an OTT device directly to your Samsung TV using an HDMI cable. Once the devices are connected you can stream the Peloton app on your Samsung TV.
Once you have connected an OTT device to your Samsung TV, ensure that your TV is on the proper input. If it is not on the right input, you will not see your OTT device on screen.
Samsung TV’s in-house application platform, Smart Hub, has a lot of quality apps, but OTT devices are useful to stream the apps that Samsung app does not support, like Peloton.
Using your Samsung remote, you can check and adjust the input by going to:
- Turn on the TV and make sure the OTT is connected
- Press Source on the remote and you will see input options
- Select the source where the OTT device is connected
- Your TV display will now show your OTT device
3. Cast a Peloton Device to Your Samsung TV
There are certain Peloton devices that can be casted onto a Samsung TV.Obviously, this requires having a Peloton device. The Peloton devices that can be streamed directly onto your Samsung TV are the Peloton Tread, Bike, or Bike+.
If you are going to use a Peloton bike to cast onto your Samsung TV, you must make sure that you enable wireless display on your TV. You can confirm this feature is enabled by going to Settings>Advanced Settings>More Options>Enable Wireless Display.
This button should be checked—if not, select it.
Once you have guaranteed that wireless display is enabled, you can cast onto your Samsung TV by following these steps:
- Turning the Samsung TV on and selecting home
- Select Settings
- Select Cast Screen
- You will see the nearby devices. Select your Samsung TV
- Select Connect. If you do not see your Samsung TV, click the refresh button at the top right corner
- Once the Peloton has connected to the Samsung TV, you can sit back and stream
4. Connect Another Device to Your Samsung TV
Since a Samsung TV does not support the Peloton app, you can choose to use another device, such as a laptop or tablet, to stream the Peloton app directly onto your Samsung TV.
Keep in mind that the additional device you are using, as well as the Samsung TV, must be able to support HDMI and must have a functioning HDMI port. Usually, a smartphone will not work since there is no HDMI port, which is why most people tent to use a device like a computer or tablet.
If you only have a smartphone, you can buy an HDMI adapter that fits your phone. This way, you will be able to seamlessly stream the Peloton app onto your Samsung TV using a smartphone.
Using a device like a laptop or tablet, connect to your Samsung TV by:
- Plugging the HDMI chord into your device and your Samsung TV. Use the HDMI adapter if you are using a smartphone
- Turn on the TV
- Switch the input to HDMI. Refer to the instructions in step 1 for changing the input
- You will see the content on your device displayed on your TV
- Log into the Peloton app and begin the fitness fun
5. Cast from an iOS Device to Your Samsung TV
You can use an iOS device—an Apple product, such as an iPhone or iPad—to cast the Peloton app onto your Samsung TV. Apple devices also support Airplay which can be used to cast and stream content directly onto the Samsung TV.
Since they can easily stream content on other devices, iOS products are a reliable way to get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV. In order to cast from an iOS device onto your Samsung TV, both of the devices will need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
You can cast from an iOS device onto your Samsung TV by following these steps:
- Turn the Samsung TV on
- Go to the Home menu
- Open the iOS device
- Open the Peloton app on the iOS device
- Log into the Peloton app
- Select a live fitness class to stream
- On the app, select Cast
- Select Cast via Airplay
- On the list of available devices, select the Samsung TV
- The Peloton app will display once both devices are connected
6. Cast From An Android Device to Your Samsung TV
iOS devices are not the only devices that can stream the Peloton app onto a Samsung TV—Android devices can steam the Peloton app, too. Both of the devices need to be connected to the same wireless network, the same way that they do if you are streaming from and iOS device.
Using an Android device, you can connect to your Samsung TV by following these steps:
- Turn the Samsung TV on
- Select the Home button on the TV remote
- On your Android device, open the Peloton app
- Log in to the Peloton app on your device
- Select a fitness class. Unlike iOS, on an Android, the class does not have to be live
- Once you have selected a class, select the Cast button on the Peloton app
- Select your Samsung TV from the list of available devices
- Your selected fitness class will now display on your Samsung TV
If you notice that once you have connected your Android device to your Samsung TV, the TV is acting up, the TV may require a software update or the Anynet+ setting is turned on.
7. Cast Peloton Onto Samsung TV with Google Chromecast
We have talked about iOS devices and Android devices, but you can get the Peloton app onto your Samsung TV by casting with Google Chromecast features.
As we have mentioned, you want to ensure that the Google Chromecast device and the Samsung TV are connected to the same wireless network, otherwise it will not cast.
To get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV using Google Chromecast, follow these instructions:
- Connect the Chromecast USB adapter into the Samsung TV with a USB cable
- On the Google device, go to the app store
- Search for the Peloton app
- Select the app and download it onto the device utilizing Chromecast
- Close all the tabs on your Google device
- Go to the home screen on the device
- Open the Peloton app
- Log into the app with required credentials
- On the Google device, select a workout class and play the video
- From the drop-down menu, you will see the Chromecast feature
- Select Chromecast
- Select the Samsung TV once you see it appear as an available device
- You should see your application display on your Samsung TV
8. Cast From Peloton Bike And Treadmill
We have reviewed the ways in which you can use alternative devices to cast directly onto your Samsung TV, but we have not talked about how possible it is to cast onto your Samsung TV directly from your Peloton bike or treadmill.
As mentioned earlier, certain Peloton bikes and treadmills have casting features that can be used directly onto a Samsung TV screen, without the need for any additional applications or devices.
To do this, you will need a Peloton Bike, Peloton Bike+, or Peloton Tread. However, keep in mind that only some Samsung TVs are compatible with Peloton bikes and treadmills. If you are following the steps below and do not see your Samsung TV appear, you will know the TV is not compatible.
To cast directly from your Peloton device onto your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung TV
- Navigate to Home
- On your Peloton bike or treadmill, select Settings
- Halfway down settings is the Cast setting. Select this setting.
- If your Samsung TV is compatible, you will see it displayed on your Peloton screen
- Once your TV appears, select the Samsung TV
- Your Peloton screen will display on the TV
- If your Samsung TV does not appear, try to refresh the Peloton app to signal the app to search for the TV
Additionally, you can try another method to cast your Peloton screen onto your Samsung TV. Select Advanced settings from the Peloton screen. On the top right corner, there are three vertical dots. Click on those, and make sure the wireless display is selected.
9. Use AirPlay to install the Peloton App on a Samsung Smart TV
You can choose to use Airplay to install the Peloton app on a Samsung TV. Since the Peloton app is already installed on Airplay and is compatible with the Peloton app, using Airplay is an easy means to get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV.
To get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV using Airplay, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Samsung TV
- Ensure the Samsung TV and iOS device are on the same network
- From the Apple app store, search for the Peloton app
- Download the Peloton app on your iOS device
- Open the Peloton app and select a fitness video
- From the Peloton app on the iOS device, select Cast
- From Cast, select Airplay
- From the iOS device, select the Samsung TV
- Your Samsung TV will now display the Peloton app from your iOS device
10. Use Roku TV to cast
If you have a Roku TV media player, you can use it to cast the Peloton app onto your Samsung TV. A Roku device can be directly inserted into a Samsung TV to access the applications available on the Roku platform.
To cast the Peloton app from your Roku media player onto your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Connect the Roku device directly into Samsung TV through an HDMI port
- Ensure that the Roku media player and the Samsung TV are on the same Wi-Fi network
- On the Roku device, open the app store
- Select the finder icon
- In the search bar, look for the Peloton app
- Install the application
- Use the Roku device to go the home screen
- Open the Peloton app
- Enjoy full access to Peloton streaming
The Peloton app is not available on a Samsung TV because the application is not compatible with the TV’s application program, Smart Hub. If you wish to get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV, you still have a variety of ways to do so.
To get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV, you can use an OTT device, stream from a Peloton bike, or cast directly onto your TV with a laptop or tablet, or by using Airplay.
If you have a Samsung TV and want to get the Peloton app, do not be discouraged when you find out the two are not compatible. Instead, consider using one of the many solutions in this article to begin streaming!