The idea of selling online is one that a lot of people are now accustomed to compared to years ago. But then, it is one thing to sell your product and it is another to deliver them with ease.
Getting your products on various channels can undoubtedly get your orders rolling in. Now the question is, is that the end of the road?
It is perceived that a fraction of orders is retracted due to inconvenience. This could be heartbreaking, but with ShipStation it can fix that in a matter of moments. ShipStation not only takes the shipping burden off you but does it with half the normal time. This article is made for you to see how much more they are willing to take off your shoulders.
What is ShipStation?
ShipStation is a multi-channel fulfillment service provider. It was developed to propel the shipping process for eCommerce vendors. This software saves you the stress of shuffling between carriers.
ShipStation has access to over 100 different stores and marketplaces. This gets you connected to more customers. With this offer, the deal should be sealed as no other shipping application comes close.
Orders can be imported from over 60 selling channels and configured in the options. Then, ShipStation transmits the shipping status and tracking information to all the channels.
ShipStation offers tracking templates and branded materials for your customer’s unique shopping experience. The international customs forms, detailed reporting, split orders, and many more are prefilled.
What does ShipStation have to offer?
ShipStation has certain functions like combining orders, insuring shipments, confirm shipping addresses, and branding your labels. So, let’s cover some of ShipStation’s features.
Customized branding for your orders
With ShipStation, you can get your brand at the forefronts. They allow you to add your logo and other branded information to your labels and packing slips.
You can also watermark your confirmation emails with your social media handles. As a plus, the images and colors can also be customized and you can add a FAQ section.
Integration with third-party platforms
As a Shipping channel, ShipStation is affiliated with over a hundred diverse third-party platforms from all over. So, to keep you informed, I have decided to bring you a list of the notable options. The list is below.
- Big Cartel
Can be operated via a mobile App
If you use an iOS or Android smartphone, you can install the ShipStaion app to help manage and ship orders. You can receive push notifications, check reports, and communicate with your customers from your phone or tablet.
The app was made with certain features to allow you to view the current status of your shipment. It also gives you access to shipping rates, generates manifest, scan barcodes, and resend tracking confirmation emails.
Gives room to be automated
With the ShipStation automation tool, certain rules can be inputed for your order type and hastens its fulfillment. The automation gives room to fill in things like auto-routing, product lists and using specific packing slips.
Easier Return Process
When shipping an order, you are free to print return labels to with every order, in case there is a return order. ShipStation also sets custom return rules, track returns, and select what carrier to fulfill a return.
Doesn’t need extra accounts to ship internationally
The various carriers integrated with your account can help you easily process orders made internationally. ShipStation requires you to purchase a one-off package that can cover all shipments abroad.
Gives insight into your business
An analysis of your operations, sales, engagement, customer behavior, and product recommendation is on your dashboard. This is done via their reporting tools aimed at providing insight into your business. The areas they focus on are
- Inventory levels
- Pending orders aging
- Returned orders
- Traffic on your Tracking and Returns pages
- Customer sales and average order value data
- Shipping costs, revenue, and income by the customer
- Email responsiveness
- Buzzing products based on revenue, category, and channel
- Workers productivity
Features of the ShipStation
- Cuts your regular shipping time in half.
- Automated retrieval of orders from several sales channels.
- Returns are processed with just one click.
- API access and Custom store are both calibrated.
- Online stores and marketplaces are integrated.
- Inclusion of FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL accounts.
- The shipping rates are calculated and compared in actual time.
- Free custom branding for your orders.
- Laid down rules and order filters are fixed in the shipping options.
- Up to 500 orders can be printed at a go.
- Tracking data and email conformations are customized.
- The account dashboard can be customized to your taste.
Setting Up An Account
- To get set up with ShipStation, you are required to follow through a four-step process before your account is logged. The steps are detailed below
- You are expected to sign up for their 30-day free trails and there you get to drop some basic information. This information includes your name, business name, and email address. After correctly filling in those, you will get redirected to a Welcome page requesting that you connect to a selling channel.
- The next step requires that you select a primary shipping carrier that would be integrated into our account. Note, every shipping partner has its steps to follow when connecting to your ShipStation account. Brands like FedEx, UPS, and USPS are popular on ShipStation. Again, if you get signed to USPS through ShipStation, you get access to a Stamps to account for free. This account lets you create labels for all your other carriers through the Stamps payment method.
- Now it’s time to create the layout for your label. This third step, requires that you state your printing options, is it thermal label printer or a standard desktop printer? ShipStation customizes the label orientation by 90 degrees if you print multiple labels using a standard letter-sized sheet. Be it an inkjet or laser printer, you get to select a suitable format. The format also considers if you intend printing just the labels or the packing slips as well. Ensure you save the settings.
- Finally, to inform ShipStation about the origin of your shipment, you’ll have to input your location. This location is necessary for your postage provider to return a rate. As soon as you are done, you are permitted to ship away your orders.
How To Handle Orders on ShipStation
As a vendor who has decided to align with ShipStation, you don’t want to run into errors. So, I have compiled a step by step analysis on how you can get around shipping off your orders without hiccups.
Set it on Auto
The moment an order comes in, you can set it on to ShipStation by tapping the “Update All Stores” option embedded in your homepage. You can decide to only import orders from a certain store at a time.
You need to send the shipping details for them to create a label for your order. This consists of the dimensions, weight, shipping carrier, delivery time, confirmation, and even the insurance options (If available).
Having filled in your shipping options, you will be given a postage rate by ShipStation. To find the lowest rate for your shipment, the rate calculator lists out the rate of all your providers.
Now you can proceed to install the ShipStation Connect, to print your labels. This application helps you shuffle print jobs from your account to your printing hardware. You can also use a PDF viewer to download and print the label. In ShipStation, you also get the luxury of printing shipping labels and their tracking slips in batches.
Label & Ship
Once your label is successfully created, the sales channel is notified of the shipping details as well as the customer if you deem it fit. A tracking number is assigned to your label by the postal service. TO locate this number, navigate to the order details located in the Shipment Grid. The tracking number leads to the tracking page and using geo-tracking the customer can view it as well.
You can have them delivered to your carrier’s closest branch or they could pick it up at your shipping location. All you need to do is to make the appropriate arrangements, with your shipping label handy.
Big names don’t come cheap. ShipStation is not regarded as the most popular fulfillment services in the market for nothing. The software is known to work alongside almost every platform available to man, yet it does all it needs with ease.
The top-notch delivery time makes it recommendable for any eCommerce vendor that needs shipping assistance.
In a bid to assist your business, ShipStation assists in organizing your orders more effectively and efficiently. The automation features feed you several ways task and order settings can be automatically set to reduce the time spent. I can say that ShipStation is a masterpiece.